Catholic Social Teaching
Catholic Social Teaching is based around the Church’s belief that we can all make a difference in making our world a better place for all. These teachings are rooted in Scripture and especially in the teachings of Jesus found in the Gospels. Christ shows us how to walk in his footsteps, bringing love and care to those both near and far. It is our vocation to live as Jesus and saints throughout the ages, bettering our world for everyone.
The Catholic Church has seven principles of social teaching that we will explore in school, just like our virtues.
- Dignity of the human person
- Family and Community
- Solidarity and The Common Good
- Dignity of Work and the Rights of Workers
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Option for the Poor and Vulnerable
- Stewardship of God’s Creation
Throughout your child’s spiritual journey at St. John the Baptist, we explore these principles through our curriculum, Mission Weeks, activities and through our everyday actions.